Flame Health Jobs - Staff Nurse / ODP - Reading
As a registered nurse/ODP, the post holder is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care during their span of duty.
As a registered nurse you will be expected to work in all areas of the department, which includes: skin surgery, dressings/ wound check, outpatients, photodynamic therapy (PDT), biopsy theatre, patch and light therapy/ day treatment area. Full competency based training will be provided in each area. As an ODP you will be expected to work in Skin Surgery, full competency based training will be provided.
The post holder is required to be registered with the NMC/AODP
1. Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care ensuring that these are evaluated and amended as appropriate.
2. Document the condition and progress of patients and report to senior nursing and/ or medical staff any areas of concern.
3. Undertake procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines.
4. Demonstrate clinical procedures to registered and unregistered staff and agency staff as required.
5. Take charge of the clinical area on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility or his/ her deputy.
6. Maintain an awareness of the developments in the care and treatment of patients in order to be able to carry out duties competently and efficiently.
7. Ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
8. Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe keeping of patients’ property in accordance with the Patients’ Property Procedure.
9. Comply with the Drug Custody and Administration Code of Practice.
10. Report all accidents and untoward incidents to the Line Manager and complete an incident form in accordance with Treatment Centre policy.
11. Undertake Advanced Life Support (ALS) training and certification and participate in the rota for ALS cover for the Treatment Centre
1. Supervise registered and unregistered staff as appropriate.
2. Assist the Line Manager in introducing new members of staff to their duties.
3. Ensure where appropriate that the programmes of training for junior staff are completed.
4. Undertake formal and informal teaching sessions as required and act as a mentor to junior staff.
5. Organise day to day workload of both self and junior staff whenever required to do so.
6. Use all physical resources carefully and as instructed.
7. Assist in maintaining stock levels for the department if required to do so.
8. Report any problems relating to equipment to the Line Manager.
· The post holder will be expected to communicate with staff at all levels throughout the organisation as well as patients and visitors
· To act in a professional and caring manner towards patients, visitors and colleagues at all times.
· To contribute to the development of the Treatment Centre philosophy and vision
· Report any actual or suspected information security events as soon as possible. This may include reporting the circumstances of any contact with people or organisations seeking to obtain information, which they do not have a need to know, through unauthorised means
Adherence to Policies
· To adhere to corporate policies and procedures in the management of staff and own performance.
· To ensure that all treatment centre and department policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
· To adhere to Health & Safety/Fire regulations, Accident/Incident reporting procedures etc.
Compliance Responsibilities and Confidentiality
Independent Sector Treatment Centres and general supplementary procurement services, provide NHS care under centrally determined contracts and are currently registered and monitored by the CQC through their contracts. Consequently the post holder is expected to work in compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 and other relevant and subsequent legislation.
The post holder will comply with all IPC policies and take the appropriate action fitting their role to actively prevent or reduce the incidence of healthcare associated infections.
Safeguarding children & vulnerable adults
All employees and volunteers working within organisation have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
· Registered Nurse/ODP
· Relevant post-registration study e.g. specialist pathway
Demonstrable record of Continuing Professional Development
Skills/ Abilities & Knowledge
· Good communication skills
· Ability to supervise unqualified staff
· Ability to co-ordinate a shift for the department
Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical governance issues
· Basic knowledge in some areas of Dermatology
· Newly qualified nurses will be considered.
· Strong communication and organisational skills.
· Relate well to all staff and patients
· Positive attitude to change and a willingness to be instrumental in change.
To apply for this job or enquire about additional Staff Nurse job opportunities in Reading or the Berkshire region - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158 114488 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business
KEYWORDS:Staff-Nurse ODP Maidenhead Slough Reading Berkshire